There are many reasons why people love living in the Ramsey Golf and Country Club in Ramsey, NJ. Besides access to affordable golf, paddle tennis and social events, there are other examples of what makes RGCC such a unique place and why it is consider a "community within a community". These are some aspects of the Club community that might not be well known:
10. The Annual Turkey Trot - hosted by a family on Canterbury Drive, this 5k run/walk and food drive is held Thanksgiving morning and offers a special opportunity to reunite with friends and neighbors. This family also collects food donations for the Center for Food Action while supplying coffee, juice and bagels to runners and fans.
9. The Max Cure Burger Throwdown - Another "do good" event that demonstrates the heart and soul of the people who live in this special community.
Read more about Max Cure Foundation and to see how you can help.
8. 4th of July Fireworks - Every Independence Day, members and their friends descend upon the 14th fairway with their blankets, lawn chairs and coolers to watch Allendale's fireworks display.
7. The Lake - A tranquil setting on the club grounds, members use the private lake to canoe, kayak and fish. There's even an elusive fish in the lake called "Big Whitey" that has been too smart to be baited. From the pool deck, you can sometimes see it swim near the surface of the lake. Friday nights in the summer, members gather at the tiki bar on the beach while children kayak, fish, swim or play games in the sand.
6. Halloween - take a walk through Morton and Canterbury Drives on Halloween and you'll understand why this neighborhood is so popular for trick o' treating. Packs of children carrying bags and parents (in costumes as well) pulling wagons, the neighborhood comes alive with a truly festive feeling.
5. Jr. Golf- The massively popular Jr. Golf Program invites kids in the club over the age of 9 to learn about the game and compete with their friends. It's a popular program (drawing 75-100 children) the likes of which are not match by any of the private clubs in Bergen County. Did you know that HALF of the boys selected for the 2015 All-North Jersey Golf Team grew up playing at Ramsey Golf and Country Club?
4. Block parties - Because of the tight friendships formed in this community, many streets hold their own block parties complete with bands, entertainment for kids, food and beverages.
3.Luminaries - A sight to behold and one that can be see from the air, luminaries are placed along the edge of every street in the Club every December 24th. Not many local communities can mobilize and produce such a spectacular sight.
2. Free activities for children - From Chef hosting kids to plant a vegetable and herb garden for the restaurant or decorating cookies for the Holidays, there are many events that children can participate in, in addition to the Holiday parties, outdoor movies and fun nights that are planned throughout the year.
1. Neighbors helping neighbors - In any community, tragedies and hardships can sometimes occur unfortunately. But when they do, residents of RGCC can count on their neighbors to rally with support, prayers and good wishes. From meal deliveries to taking care of yard work, this special community steps up to help neighbors get through tough times.
Think the Ramsey Golf and Country Club is for you? If you'd like more information on the Ramsey Golf and Country Club or if you're interested in other homes for sale in or around Ramsey NJ please contact Kristin Graves at RE/MAX Properties. My office number is 201-825-6600. You can also see more homes at my website.